My “thankful” Banner:
This was a fun little project to put together and the results are amazing. How cute is this?! Because I already had the twine and mini clothespins on hand, this DIY only cost $3 dollars to make! If that’s not a steal, I don’t know what it.
- Cardstock (colors of your choice, I bought mine from Michaels)
- Mini clothespins
- Glue or tape
- Draw out the design of your banner so you can look back at it when you are matching letters with flags (if you are using multiple colors as I did.
- Cut cardstock into flag shape. Use a piece of paper to create a stencil. Trace a 4×5. On the long-way, draw a line at the center (at 2”). At the bottom, make a mark a half inch up from the bottom. Then connect that mark with each bottom corner. Cut it out.
- Print your letters to create stencils. I used Aerial Black in a 350 font size. Cut it out.
- Trace your flags and letters, and cut them out.
- Assemble them together with your adhesive
- Connect your flags to the twine with the mini clothespins
- Tip: Don’t cut the twine prematurely. Clip all of the flags on to see how much twine you will need
- Tape it up and enjoy!